If the HVS Image system works with your LifeCam but not with an extension lead then its never the HVS Image Software, its always your current extension lead that's the problem. You can prove this for yourself by just using Microsoft's LifeCam software with the camera without the HVS software, If you've bought a turnkey system on a Sony Vaio from HVS Image then it will probably come with a Nikkai 5 meter cable, but in their own development labs HVS Image use these 10 meter USB 2.0 cables. These have great performance and work very well with the Microsoft LifeCams.
- 10m high speed USB 2.0 extension cable, fully compliant with High speed 2.0 standard.
- Twisted-Pair construction adopts impedance matching methods to ensure high-speed, error-free data transfer.
- The foil and braid shielding reduce EMI/RFI signal interference.
- Built-in signal booster.
- High speed data transfer rate up to 480Mbps.
- Plug & Play, hot pluggable.
- Don't need external power.
- Standard USB 2.0 Male to Female connectors.
- Suitable for connecting Microsoft LifeCam to USB.
- Color: Transparent blue
- Cable length: Approx. 10m / 32ft
- Connectors: USB 2.0 A Male to A Female
- Package size: Approx. 18 * 18 * 4cm / 7 * 7 * 1.6in
- Weight: 357g / 12.6oz
these go up to 30M but have not been tested in the labs.